Legal advice

P&C associations sometimes need to seek legal advice.

Legal Aid ACT offer free legal information and one-off legal advice for minor legal problems. Contact their helpline.

If the legal matter might result in the P&C facing litigation (for example, for unfair dismissal or contractual problems with an employee, potential negligence), you must contact the P&C insurer to advise of the situation. The insurer can then arrange legal assistance which will be covered by the insurance policy. All P&C insurance (arranged through Council) is with Civic Insurance. Contact David McAlary on 62626115.

Our Council office is happy to help P&Cs with contracts and other compliance questions (but cannot provide legal advice). We are also happy to discuss your issue with you prior to you contacting the above services.