Public school parent associations
All public school P&C Associations and Preschool Parent Associations are affiliated members of Council.
Membership gives your association:
- Access to Council's support services:
Comprehensive information and resources to help your committee run the organisation
Over the phone or email advice on any matters relating to your parent association from our friendly staff
Free training workshops for officers bearers and committee members of your association
- Access to Council's group insurance scheme which provides insurance for your organisation at reduced cost.
- Free publications: Our quarterly magazine "ParentACTion" (delivered to all schools), and our fortnightly ebulletin "Council Communicator" (emailed to office-bearers at each school) are both full of interesting and useful information for parents and parent association committees.
- Representation of the concerns of our members associations and parents to the Minister and Education Directorate, resolution of problems with the school/Directorate and input to educational policy and decisions.
- On request face-to-face meetings with your committee/organisation to discuss any problems or concerns.
- Free attendance at Council general meetings with guest speakers on relevant topics of concern to parents.
- A regular forum to exchange ideas, network with other parents and share expertise or raise concerns with other parent associations.
- Free access to the NSWBuy ecatalogue of discounted products and services.
Membership fees are due by 31 July each year. If you are not able to meet this deadline please get in touch. See also our FAQ for new office bearers.
Individuals can also join Council. You do not need to be a member of a Parent Association. Anyone who has an interest in improving public education is welcome. Please contact us to talk about becoming involved.
Related organisations - associate membership
Council also accepts associate membership. This is open to any organisation consisting of parents and citizens which draws its membership from more than two ACT Government Schools and represents the educational interests of students with special needs. For more information, or if you would like to become an associate member, contact us.
Life membership to is bestowed on individuals to recognise outstanding and long-term contributions to ACT Public Education, Parent Associations and Council. Our life members are:
Grant Battersby, Pam Cahir, Trevor Cobbold, Graeme Evans, Ian Morgan, Richard Scherer, Vivienne Pearce.